No matter the type of business one owns or the service one provides, everything needs marketing to function. While some prefer to use SEO as it has proven to show positive results with the help of guest posts one could browse this site, backlinks and various other things, Email marketing is also known to showcase positive outcome. As with most things in life, there’s plenty of choice when it comes to email marketing software. But just as you would for any other big purchase, it’s important to weigh up the pros and cons of the different services on offer so you can choose the best one for your needs and business goals.
Email marketing is a fruitful way for you to connect with current and future clients, share news, show your industry expertise and so much more.
Each email marketing software (whether that’s Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign or Benchmark, to name but a few!) has its own unique set of features, so to make choosing less of a minefield by comparing them against the following criteria.
What should I consider?
- Price – A factor that’s not ignored! No matter what the functionality of the email marketing software, it still has to be financially viable. Define your budget early on to help you streamline your search.
- Industry – Some email marketing software is designed for certain industries, so it may be worth investigating which ones are best suited to your sector. Does your chosen software allow you to speak to your audience in a way that is engaging and relevant?
- Ease of use – Email marketing software shouldn’t be a burden. Rather, it should make connecting with your audience easier and more efficient. Many email marketing platforms give you access to simple email templates where you can easily drag and drop text, images and more. They will should also let you schedule emails in advance. And give you access to clear email analysis reports once they have been sent.
- Versatility – Whether you want to send lengthy e-newsletters or short e-blasts. Your chosen email marketing software should allow you to create and send the desired type of email. Does the platform give you the option to generate welcome emails for new subscribers, for instance, or automatic event reminders? Does it allow you to personalise emails by adding recipients’ names or including features that speak to their particular interests?
- Longevity – Before investing time and money into a given software, consider the long term. Will it be able to meet your needs in future, even if those needs grow or change?
There are various other factors that you may wish to consider before settling upon an email marketing software. But we hope these pointers are a great place to start. If you have any questions about email marketing. Or want to find out how we can help, please get in touch – we’re always here to offer support.