Google My Business is an excellent tool for managing your business content, reviewing insights, checking reviews and advertising. However, if there’s only one person with access to the profile, this can cause problems down the line.
Whether you want to delegate tasks, allow access for an intern or virtual assistant, or simply have more employees up to date with the ins and outs of your business, it’s a good idea to allow access to Google My Business.
But how do you do it?
Before you give access to a new user, you will need to choose a role to assign to them. There are three types of user on Google My Business, including:
- Owner – owners have the most authority, which includes being able to manage listings and add/remove users. Basically, they can do anything.
- Manager – managers aren’t able to manage listings or add/remove users, but they can do everything else that an owner can do. Think of the manager as the second-in-command.
- Site manager – site managers are able to manage content, such as posts, reviews, comments and insights. This is an ideal role for communications interns, assistants and customer service officers.
Our step-by-step guide to giving access to Google My Business
How to give access to Google My Business on a desktop:
- Sign in to Google My Business, and make sure you are signed in to the account you want to give access to.
2. On the left navigation menu, select ‘Users.’ You will be shown a list of the current users who have access to the account, including their roles.
3. Select the ‘Add users’ icon on the top right corner.
4. Enter the email address of the user you want to give access to.
5. Assign the new user a role (owner, manager or site manager).
6. Click the ‘Invite’ button in the bottom right corner to send the access invite. Once they accept, they will have access to the Google My Business account.
How to give access to Google My Business on a mobile:
- Once you’ve opened the Google My Business app on your phone, select the ‘More’ icon in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Manage Users.’
- Select the plus sign, and then type out the email address of the person you want to give access to.
- Follow the rest of the steps above.
Adding users to Google My Business is a great way to delegate tasks and allow more users access to the business’ insights.
If you have any issues giving access to Google My Business, or you need more help with your Google My Business management, send us an email or give us a call. We’d love to help you!