If you aren’t thinking about your video marketing strategy, you should be.
There’s no question that consumers are engaging with more and more information on the internet every second. There’s also no question that social media, and all other internet platforms are packed with both useful and useless information. The real question is – how can your business stand out in this info dump and capture attention? We have some stats to suggest that the answer lies in your video marketing strategy.
If you had the option of either watching a long video, or reading a long article, we’d be willing to bet that you would choose the long video. In fact, 65% of people would rather watch the long video, compared with 17% for the long article.
Why video? Let’s take a hard look at our video consumption habits:
- People are more likely to watch a long video (65%) than read a long article (17%)
- 23% of people spend upwards of 1hr watching videos daily
- 82% of all consumer traffic will be through video by 2022
- Users spend up to 88% more time on websites with videos.
Furthermore, here are some key stats from Render Forest outlining the benefits of videos:
- 78% of users achieve more traffic to their website when it features a video
- Consumers say video ads are the #1 way in which they discover new brands to shop from
- 54% of users attribute increased sales to their use of video
- 97% of businesses say video content will be a priority for 2021
- Videos garner 300% more traffic, and help to nurture leads
- A website with a video is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of the Google SERPs
Videos garner 300% more traffic, and help to nurture leads.
Still not convinced? Let’s take a look at how video performs across different platforms.
Let’s talk video platform. Videos are omnipresent in our digital experience. They’re everywhere.
Here are some stats on how engagement changes across video platform.
- 58% of businesses have a video on their homepage.
- 63% of video traffic comes from mobile devices, 30% comes from desktop users, and 7% come from tablet devices.
- The best video length for Instagram is 30 seconds, compared to 45 seconds for Twitter, 1 minute for Facebook, and upwards of 8 minutes for YouTube videos.
- 71% of businesses post their videos to social media, 63% post them to YouTube, 50% to their website, and 11% to Vimeo.
Social Media Video Marketing Strategy
As you know, social media video tends to grab the most attention. Social media is now the space for our collective consciousness, and our receptiveness towards and desire to be entertained and informed by videos on social media has increased greatly.
Why should you invest in social media video marketing?
- 85% of businesses already use video!
- 74% of businesses say that videos receive the most engagement on social media.
- 75% of people follow a page if they contain video content.
- Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined.
Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined.
EDM Video Marketing Strategy
Moreover, why limit your video marketing strategy to social media? EDM marketing is another area where videos can make a huge difference in your performance and ROI.
Here are some stats to convince you that the potential to up your EDM Marketing game with video is huge:
- Marketing emails influence purchase decisions for 59% of people
- Email engagement is the top metric used to measure performance for 90% of content marketers
- Segmented email campaigns increase revenue by 760%
- Video in emails can boost click-through rates by 65%
- As of now, only 25% of businesses use video in email marketing
Video in emails can boost click-through rates by 65%
It’s your chance to gain a competitive advantage in your field by adding video to your EDM marketing!
Give the people what they want. Why Video? Why not video? There’s no question that videos are the new way to do marketing. After all, what would you rather consume? Bump up your video marketing strategy, or get left behind.