We love developing pages and posting blogs. As marketers, it’s in our blood. But sometimes, all you need is a simple link to a PDF – whether it be a menu, a price-list, a downloadable guide, what have you. Luckily, WordPress PDF hosting isn’t just handy, it’s super simple too!
We’ll keep it simple:
Our step-by-step guide to WordPress PDF hosting
- In the sidebar, click to the Media section. This will open up your Media Library. It’s home to every picture, PDF, video, gif, icon, and any other media asset you’ve ever uploaded to your WordPress site. Every image you have on every blog or page you’ve ever created? They all live here.
- Next to the Media Library title, it’ll have a button that says “Add New”. Click it.This will open up a drag and drop section.
- Locate your PDF on your desktop or drive and drag and drop it into the box.
- It will give you options to give your PDF a title, caption, and description.
- Based on the title, WordPress will automatically generate a File URL for you to copy and use wherever needed. In emails, on pages, to share on social media. Whatever you need, that link will now take you straight to your WordPress PDF, hosted on your website.
It’s that simple!
Your website is one of your most valuable marketing assets. And also one of the most overlooked in today’s social media focused business sphere.
80% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps help them easily find answers to their questions.
Effective websites drive leads and increase profits. Keeping your website updated pays.
When it comes to WordPress, there are almost unlimited ways to ensure your business (or personal) website is kept up-to-date with all the necessary information for your audience and clients. Adding a PDF to your WordPress website is just one way!
So, if you’re keen to further increase ease of access to your WordPress PDF, you can also just as easily add it to a page or post.
How to add a PDF to a page or post:
- Create a new page or post, or select the one(s) you want to add your PDF to.
- Open the WordPress block editor and select the “File” option
- Click onto the Media Library and locate the PDF you just WordPress hosted.
- Add a title, edit the file name, and choose how you want to present the PDF. WordPress is great – giving the option of a Download button, a simple link to the file, or an attachment page to open up your WordPress PDF.
And that’s it. Keeping your website updated and accessible certainly doesn’t have to be difficult.