Founded in 2001 as no more than a side project, Mailchimp is now a full-service marketing platform that champions millions of businesses around the world. Through its email marketing tools and more, it helps people of all industries to grow and engage with their customer base.
A start-up for start-ups
The brainchild of Ben Chestnut and Dan Kurzius, Mailchimp was born 18 years ago as a small-scale, specialist email service for smaller clients who lacked the resources that their larger competitors could access.
Fast-forward to 2017 and Mailchimp was gaining 14,000 new customers a day. 1
Now, Mailchimp is so much more than an email marketing service. But why do so many small and medium businesses continue to seek its services?
Mailchimp is a leading, all-in-one marketing platform used by countless people across the globe – and it’s on course to get even bigger in future.
Benefits of Mailchimp
Mailchimp allows you to create smart, eye-grabbing emails (known as ‘campaigns’) that help your business to connect with current and prospective customers – but the benefits don’t end there. It also:
- Provides ready-made campaign templates that look good and are easy to use. There’s no need to code a thing!
- Allows A/B testing. This lets you compare multiple versions of the same campaign, each with a slight difference in subject line, header image, layout and more. This way, you can better assess what does and doesn’t work for your business.
- Enables you to create and send invitations, reminders and Facebook advertising – not just emails.
- Gives you access to top reporting tools which let you see all kinds of data about your campaigns. This can include open rates, click-through rates and an analysis of your most popular links.
- Allows you to copy your Google contacts into the Mailchimp database, helping you to continually build your mailing list.
Since Mailchimp is a powerful platform that is ever-evolving, this list is not exhaustive.
Small business empowerment
Mailchimp has experienced enormous growth over the years but it continues to stay true to its roots. It is still headquartered in its hometown, Atlanta; it is still owned by its co-founders, Chestnut and Kurzius; and it is still committed to empowering the small businesses of this world.
To find out more about email marketing campaigns and their key role in business development, please do get in touch with us now.
1 Source: Inc. (www.inc.com/magazine/201802/mailchimp-company-of-the-year-2017.html)